Randomize books


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Heart of Darkness: The Darkest Angel

Heart of Darkness: The Darkest Angel


Author(s): Gena Showalter
Publisher: HQN Books
Date : 2010

I loved Gena Showalter's The Darkest Angel. Lysander and Bianka fight so hard against their mutual attraction that their inevitable climax is mind-blowing. Harpies and angels are two creatures I never knew I would enjoy so thoroughly. I really have to start reading the Lords of the Underworld series.

Love Me to Death by Maggie Shayne was also very good and an extremely powerful story. Part murder mystery, part love story that overcomes impossible obstacles, and completely enthralling.

Susan Krinard's Lady of the Nile didn't really work for me. From what I could understand, a man occasionally possessed by a man possessed by an Egyptian god (yeah, that's not a typo) must have sex with a woman occasionally possessed by an Egyptian goddess to defeat evil. I think that was the main gist, but I can't be sure. It was confusing and by far my least favorite of the three stories that make up this collection.

The first two stories are so amazing, they more than make up for the shortcomings of the third and I would definitely recommend this book to others.

Download:
Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive