Randomize books


Monday, June 28, 2010

The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl

The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl

Author(s): Barry Lyga
Publisher:
Date : September 24, 2007


Fanboy and Gothgirl is a book about a teenage boy who is in love with comics, excuse me, i mean "graphic novels." He's an outcast to a lot of kids, and is a punching bag to the rest. To get away from all the madness he has in his life including, being a punching bag, the genius in the school, his pregnet mother, divorced parents, and having a jock as a bestfriend he makes his own graphic novel to show his favorite, not to mention his role model, graphic novel writter.
Fanboy meets a girl and they become friends. Fanboy has never really had any friend but his jock friend that usually pays no attention to him, so he's sorta new at the new friend thing. Fanboys' novel is a secret that he hasn't told anyone, but his family, about. He opens up to Gothgirl and tells her about his novel. She ends up helping him with it. Even though they have fights, they still stay close.
When Mr. Andree (my english teacher) told my class about this book, I thought that I wouldn't like it, but I took it to read anyways. It was totally different than I had expected and I couldn't put the book down. This book had helped me through my reality by teaching me that just how the way people look or act doesn't mean that you should treat them differently. They are their own character and you can't, and shouldn't, try to change that, or take that from them. I would defiantly recommend this book out to people of all ages that like teenage drama.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive