Monday, September 20, 2010
Robert A. Heinlein - 54 books (sci-fi)
Author(s): Robert A. Heinlein
List (all in one pdf file):
All you zombies
The Black Pits of Luna
The Cat who Walks Through Walls
Citizen of the Galaxy
Delilah and the Space-Rigger
The Door Into Summer
Gentlemen, Be Seated
The Green Hills of Earth
Have Space Suit will Travel
If This Goes On
It's Great to Be Back!
A Comedy of Justice
Let There Be Light
Logic of Empire
The Long Watch
The Man Who Sold the Moon
The Menace from Earth
The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
The Number Of The Beast
Ordeal in Space
Orphans Of The Sky
Past Through Tomorrow
Podkayne Of Mars
The Puppet Masters
The Roads Must Roll
Rocket Ship Galileo
Stranger In A Strange Land
This I Believe
Time For The Stars
To Sail Beyond The Sunset
Tunnel In The Sky
We Also Walk Dogs
The Worlds of Robert A. Heinlein
Year Of The Jackpot
Robert Anson Heinlein (July 7, 1907 - May 8, 1988) was one of the most popular, influential, and controversial authors of "hard" science fiction. He set a high standard for science and engineering plausibility that few have equaled, and helped to raise the genre's standards of literary quality. He was the first writer to break into mainstream general magazines such as The Saturday Evening Post in the late 1940s with unvarnished science fiction. He was among the first authors of bestselling novel-length science fiction in the modern mass-market era. For many years Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, and Arthur C. Clarke were known as the "Big Three" of science fiction.
The major themes of his work were social: radical individualism, libertarianism, religion, the relationship between physical and emotional love, and speculation about unorthodox family relationships. His iconoclastic approach to these themes led to wildly divergent perceptions of his works. For example, his 1959 novel Starship Troopers was widely viewed as glorifying militarism. By contrast, his 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land put him in the unexpected role of pied piper to the sexual revolution and the counterculture.
Heinlein won four Hugo Awards for his novels. In addition, fifty years after publication, three of his works were awarded "Retro Hugos" - awards given retrospectively for years in which no Hugos had been awarded. He also won the first Grand Master Award given by the Science Fiction Writers of America for lifetime achievement.
In his fiction, Heinlein coined words that have become part of the English language, including "grok", "TANSTAAFL" and "waldo."
- 201 Best Questions To Ask On Your Interview
- 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questi...
- Eat Pray Love
- Sins of a Wicked Duke
- Rain Gardens - A How-to Manual For Homeowners
- Power: Why Some People Have It and Others Don't
- Mojo: How to Get It, How to Keep It, How to Get It...
- Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Betw...
- The Man Who Lied to His Laptop: What Machines Teac...
- Beginning OpenGL Game Programming 2nd Edition
- Pleasure Control (Pleasure Games)
- The Love Spell: An Erotic Memoir of Spiritual Awak...
- Jim Butcher - Dresden Files Books 1-12
- Tempt Me Tonight
- Odd Hours - Dean Koontz
- Tuesdays with Morrie
- Circle of Magic - Tamora Pierce
- Kushiel's Mercy (Kushiel's Legacy)
- Anne Rice - The Vampire Chronicles Books 1 -10
- Wilbur Smith Mega Collection - 33 Books
- I Too Had A Love Story...
- The Unincorporated
- The Stone Child
- The Birthday of the World: And Other Stories
- Overwinter: A Werewolf Tale
- Once on a Moonless Night
- Foxy Lady: A Cougar Falls Story
- Marvel Encyclopedia Volume 1 (HC)
- Bayou Moon
- Venom - Jennifer Estep
- Namesake - Marie Harte
- The Dragons' Demon
- From the Dead - Mark Billingham
- Encyclopedia of Insects
- Universe (Britannica Illustrated Science Library)
- Technology (Britannica Illustrated Science Library...
- Longman illustrated animal encyclopedia - Mammals
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Science of Every...
- CRC Concise Encyclopedia of Mathematics
- Human Body II (Britannica Illustrated Science Libr...
- Student World Atlas
- Encyclopedia of English Language
- The Encyclopedia of World History. Sixth Edition
- Human Body I (Britannica Illustrated Science Libra...
- 100 Greatest Science Discoveries of All Time
- High Times Encyclopedia of Recreational Drugs
- Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10 Edition
- The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Spells
- Tied and True
- Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Sc...
- Various Books On Hacking By Ankit Fadia
- 160 banned books collection
- Algorithms and Data Structures in VLSI Design: OBD...
- PC Upgrade and Repair Bible
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Magic Tricks
- The Full Facts Book of Cold Reading: A Comprehensi...
- The Essential Underground Handbook
- World's Funniest Proverbs
- Playback - Raymond Chandler
- The Little Sister - Raymond Chandler
- Stormbreaker - Anthony Horowitz
- Eagle Strike - Anthony Horowitz
- Scorpia - Anthony Horowitz
- Skeleton Key
- Ark Angel
- Crocodile Tears
- No Mercy - Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Lost Empire: A Fargo Adventure
- Divided Souls - Gabriella Poole
- Damaged - Cathy Glass
- Biomedical Acupuncture for Sports and Trauma Rehab...
- Life After Trauma, Second Edition: A Workbook for ...
- Laurie Halse Anderson - Wintergirls(MP3)
- Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
- The Hunger Game
- Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games...
- Zeitoun - Dave Eggers
- To Kill A Mockingbird
- The Midnight House
- The Faithful Spy
- The Shadow of the Wind
- The Silent Man
- The Ghost War
- The Big Sleep
- At the Gates of Darkness: Book Two of the Demonwar...
- Legacy - Jeanne C. Stein
- Persuader: A Reacher Novel
- The Improper Life of Bezellia Grove: A Novel
- The Fall of the Templars: A Novel
- The Darkest Whisper
- The Darkest Pleasure
- The Vaults - Toby Ball
- The Yellow House: A Novel
- Bad Blood - Mari Mancusi
- Boys that Bite - Mari Mancusi
- Girls That Growl - Mari Mancusi
- Stake That - Mari Mancusi
- Stone Spring - Stephen Baxter
- The People's Queen
- The New Communications Technologies, Fifth Edition...
- ▼ September (260)