Randomize books


Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Warrior - Zoe Archer

Warrior - Zoe Archer


Author(s): Zoe Archer
Publisher: Zebra
Date : 2010
A mix of Adventure and Historical romance!

This book has lots of adventure and fight scenes, like the Indiana Jones movies that the cover reminds you of. And yet there is time for both main characters to reflect on their feelings for each other, so the reader gets to watch the relationship develop from both perspectives. There is humor, excitement, passion -- the adventure plot and the romance plot are integrated in a way that really works for me. It's clear that their shared adventure is bringing the couple closer together, and yet the demands and dangers of that adventure could also separate them forever. The success of their mission and the success of their relationship become intertwined, in the tradition of the best romantic suspense novels.

Another thing I love about this book is that Thalia and Gabriel are equals. Not that they don't have some gender bias to overcome, but it's clear to the reader that they need to be equal partners to succeed, and of course that eventually becomes clear to them, too. They have to learn to trust each other, and to work together, but she's no damsel in distress and she kicks ass equally with him.

The world of the book is evoked very well, I thought. The author creates a very complex and detailed setting, particularly in Mongolia, but I never felt that I got bogged down in description or explanation. There is some necessary background information, but it's introduced naturally and not as "info dump." I got lost in the place, the characters and the story and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

Download:Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive